barancev

Администратор

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 872 сообщений
  • ФИО:Алексей Баранцев

Отправлено 19 июля 2004 - 05:45

Fight back against spyware

You probably know by now that using a computer can be hazardous to your privacy, especially if you use your system online. But your privacy can be compromised even if you never link to a network. Sure, websites track your browsing habits with ads, cookies and web bugs, and they sell your personal information to marketers. Also, spyware and adware install on your PC by piggy-backing onto file-sharing utilities and other free software downloads.

While testing various antispyware utilities for a PC World feature last September, I discovered that two otherwise top-notch spy catchers,Lavasoft’s Ad-aware and PepiMK Software’s Spybot Search & Destroy, weren’t particularly good at finding the keyloggers that I had running in stealth mode on my test PC. Two other programs — PestPatrol’s PestPatrol and Webroot’s Spy Sweeper — were better, but still hit-or-miss. No productfound all the keyloggers I had installed, and even when they did find one, seldom could they completely disable or remove it.

While most of those programs — both the keyloggers and the antispyware utilities — have been updated since my tests, one thing is undoubtedly still true: the more anti-spy tools you employ, the better your chances of detecting a stealth keylogger. Everyone who connects to the internet should install and use both Ad-aware and Spybot as a matter of course.

От редактора
Действительно, чем больше анти-шпионских программ Вы используете, чем лучше. Лично я пользуюсь обоими рекомендуемыми автором бесплатно распространяемыми программами (Ad-aware от Lavasoft и Software’s Spybot Search & Destroy от PepiMK) и могу только подтвердить точку зрения автора, что множества шпионских штучек, обнаруживаемые различными программами, достаточно сильно пересекаются, но ни одна программа не ловит всё.
Алексей Баранцев
Тренинги для тестировщиков (тестирование производительности, защищенности, тест-дизайн, автоматизация):
Линейка тренингов по Selenium

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 анонимных